Injuries to the shoulder, elbow & hand are common areas for occupational or recreational overuse injuries, but they may occur by catching yourself from a fall or overstraining.
So, you have an arm injury – what can you expect in a session with our highly experienced physiotherapists?
A detailed assessment to identify all impairments & contributing factors:
- Flexibility assessment including the impact of your work postures
- Muscle strength to ensure you have adequate muscle strength to support the joint
- Biomechanics to ensure you are moving in an optimal manor
- Work/Training Load
Once we’ve completed the assessment, your physiotherapist will provide skilled hands-on treatment, which may include:
- Massage and/or dry needling to improve flexibility, pain & swelling
- Joint mobilisation to improve your joints movement
- Taping, compression or bracing to support the injured joint
- Guidance with work/recreational positions and what activities to rest
- Specific exercise to stretch inflexible areas, encourage motion to facilitate healing and improve your strength and mechanics.
At Total Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation we pride ourselves on our detailed assessment being able to identify all factors of your injury, so that we can apply an effective hands-on & exercise based rehabilitation to get you pain free and prevent recurrence. Whether you need shoulder physio, hand physio or you’re experiencing pain in your elbow and upper limbs we have a solution for you.
CALL US TODAY
Wellers Hill Physiotherapy 3892 7501 or Woolloongabba Physiotherapy 3391 3331.