The types of sports injuries we can help with include:
- an acute or niggling sports injury
- a recent or new sports injury
- an injury stopping you from competing; or
- a recurring niggle that keeps you from performing your best
If you have had a sports injury it is useful to apply RICER first aid and do no HARM (Heat, Alcohol, Running, Massage) in the first 48-72 hours.
- Rest – Keep the injured area supported and avoid painful use
- Ice – apply ice through a towel to the area for 20 minutes every two hours
- Compression – apply an elastic bandage extending above & below the painful site
- Elevation – raise the injured area above the level of the heart
- Referral – as soon as possible, come see a Physiotherapist.
Our physiotherapists have extensive experience assessing & treating sporting injuries. Your physiotherapist will:
- Assess your condition to detect serious injury and advise management if needed
- Use massage and/or dry needling to minimize swelling & reduce pain
- Joint mobilisation to maintain mobility
- Fit tape, compression bandage or bracing to support the injury
- Provide guidance with return to sport when needed
- Specific exercises for every stage of rehabilitation
Our aim is to alleviate your pain, facilitate rapid & strong injury healing and get you back out there as soon as possible!
Call us today at Wellers Hill and Woolloongabba Physiotherapy and see how we can help you back to your best!
CALL US TODAY
Wellers Hill Physiotherapy 3892 7501 or Woolloongabba Physiotherapy 3391 3331.